5 Systematic Process Steps to Making a Marketing Plan
1. Comprehensive assessment of where you are today. How do you acquire customers and where are they.
a. Clearly articulate your customers’ typical profile.
2. Understand who, what and where are your competitors in delivering to your typical customer profile.
a. How you go about acquiring customers and where are they.
b. Review your SWOT analysis of your firm which is Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, & Threats.
3. Make a list of your corporate goals and of those which identify which of those goals you need to make marketing goals that help meet your corporate goals.
Goals need to have 4 elements, which include specificity, optimism, realism, & have a time frame (like the short or long term)
4. Access the most optimal strategies & tactics to achieve your goals.
5. Establish Spending guidelines or in other words, create a budget for the goals you have set.